Do you have vertigo or dizziness? Many patients have tried other health care providers with little relief. Surprisingly, many of these patients report having received little information about what is causing their dizziness (vertigo) and know little about the best available treatments. Our team at R. Scott Farley Chiropractic and Acupuncture intends to use this article to serve that purpose.
Many people who report feeling dizzy are actually referring to two different situations. Sometimes people say that they feel dizzy when they actually mean that they feel like they are going to pass out/faint, and others say they feel dizzy when they perceive objects around them spinning and moving. Vertigo is a medical term that is used to
describe the second situation. It is important to differentiate between the two sensations because each has a different set of causes and appropriate treatments.
Your doctor at R. Scott Farley Chiropractic and Acupuncture will be able to assist with telling the difference between the two.
Vertigo in Tulsa
We have had patients present with a variety of different causes for their vertigo, but some have been more common than others.
The following is a list of some of the most common causes of vertigo seen at our office:
• Severe headaches such as migraines or tension headaches are known for creating the sensations of dizziness and sickness
• Chronic earaches or damage to the inside of the ear
• A lack of blood flow to the brain
• Car accidents resulting in damage to the joints and ligaments throughout the spine
• Most frequently misalignment or subluxations of the vertebrae in the neck
• The above-stated list of common causes of vertigo may seem unrelated, but they actually have one major thing in common. Each one of the areas mentioned plays an important role in how the body orients itself and maintains balance. Once this balance is disrupted the body functions abnormally. • Typically, the imbalance that results in vertigo is due to a disproportion of nervous system signals reaching the brain. These signals that would normally keep us balanced become distorted and scrambled resulting in symptoms of dizziness. We offer a unique approach to treatment and specialize in stabilizing nervous system function.
The Symptoms of Vertigo
Just as there are many causes of vertigo, dizziness is not the only symptom associated with this disorder. As you will see, vertigo can range from a small nuisance to a possible indication of a severe underlying condition. For this reason, it is important to schedule a consultation if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
1. Blurry vision or difficulty focusing
2. Problems hearing, especially in one ear
3. Ringing ears
4. Trouble maintaining balance
5. Feeling fatigued or tired all the time
6. Double vision
Our patients at R. Scott Farley Chiropractic and Acupuncture have experienced excellent results following treatment of their vertigo. Through a careful and meticulous history and examination, we will be able to identify the source of your symptoms leading to more focused treatment.
If you or someone you know is experiencing vertigo or dizziness, call our clinic today to schedule a consultation.
If you’d like to increase your quality of life and revitalize your health… naturally, we have a valuable offer for you!
We provide a FREE consultation for you to determine what is going on and if we can help before you make any financial commitment to treatment. There is NO OBLIGATION!
Schedule your appointment
on our site or by calling our office.
Click below to complete the simple and easy to fill new patient forms.
Save 10-15 minutes at your appointment by completing the new patient forms in advance.
Dr. Farley, your go-to chiropractor in Tulsa, is a preferred provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Blue Lincs, HealthChoice, Ambetter, OHCA SoonerCare, and Medicare. We also accept cash-paying patients and have affordable payment plans available.
You Deserve To Feel Great. We Can Help Your Go -To Chiropractor in Tulsa!
Monday – Wednesday:
9:30 AM – 12:30PM & 3:00PM – 6:00PM
© 2022 Farley Chiropractic and Acupuncture, All Rights Reserved